Fotaflo helps you streamline your photo solution by automatically uploading and organizing photos from a smartphone.
The Fotaflo Android app has come along way the past 10 years when our clients first started using it on the dustproof and water resistant Motorola Defy's that had an impressive 5MP camera. Now coming into 2020, we have both an Android app and an iOS app and our clients can use devices that supports those operating systems.
How does the Fotaflo Android app work?
The Fotaflo Android app works by finding photos taken on the device and moving the those files to folders managed by Fotaflo. To get the photos uploaded as quickly as possible a smaller version of the original photo is created. All of the smaller files will upload first and then the full size images will upload into the catalog and replace the smaller file. This way if you are displaying your photos to your guests after their experience they will have photos to look at and by the time they access their photo album online the full size photos will have uploaded.
Automatically Upload Photos by turning Monitoring ON
To have your photos automatically upload and organize your photos in the catalog you need to have Monitoring turned ON.
Turn Power Saving Mode OFF - Android Devices
Android Power Saving mode restricts the background data management on the device. Meaning Fotaflo cannot manage the photo files on your device.
- photos don't get monitored for uploading
- already uploaded photos don't get deleted and your device will run out of space
You will see a notification warning you that Monitoring is blocked because Battery Mode is enabled.
Alternative Battery Saving Options
Here are some other ways you can make your battery last longer
- Reduce the screen brightness
- If you don't need to upload your media using a cellular network use Wi-Fi. Using Wi-Fi in Airplane mode is even better
- Make sure your screen is off when you are not taking photos
- Disable or uninstall any apps that you don't use
- Turn off location services
- Turn the device off when you are not using it